Excusive First Viewing and Feedback

    After my short film was finished being edited, it was time to seek a third person point of view. It is fundamental to get a second opinion on any film or artistic work and it often takes an unbiased view to provide unbiased criticizations. A third person can point out aspects you are lacking in, as well as what you have excelled in. For my viewing, I chose my friend, Ariel Pierre, to watch and review as she was in A level Media studies lass year. She brings with her experience and knowledge in movie making that is ideal in reviewing my short film. 

    So after I showed her my short film on Capcut, she started to give her critiques. Overall, she liked the plot twist and how it wasn't over stereotypical, but still was shocking enough to film the rest of the film. She liked the slow build up to showing Hoffmans face in the beginning as it made it more suspenseful. Likewise, she liked the sequence of shots that occur when Hoffman chases Reynolds as you also don't see his face. She thinks that the song choice for the end is fitting for the movie and its nice how the beat drop matches with the credits.

    She did have a few suggestions though. During the car scene, the characters are facing away from the camera for most of the time. Ariel believed that some of these shots needed the sound to be raised. She also thought that it would be better to get rid of the slow motion shot at the end. She felt the slow-motion ending was too much like an action ending than a thriller ending. She also felt that the filter we put over the coroner office scene was too dark. I used this filter to cover the background, but if it makes it too harsh then I will slightly lower the intensity. She also felt that putting ambient music over the beginning and the ending of scenes would make my short film, overall, more whole. Ambient music will create more of a suspenseful, believable mood. With these critiques in mind, I set off to fix my mistakes in Capcut. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing Struggles