QUIET ON SET...

  The first day of filming took place on Sunday, February the 25th. Zeyn El Ali, Jason Alexandrescu, and I showed up at Zane Royers house to film. We decided to work chronologically and film the shots in order while crossing them out with a pen. I used Zeyn's phone for filming since he had the best camera quality and storage. After everyone was in costume, we got to work.

    I used my fake blood for the first shot and watered it down. I filmed the opening sequence by using Zeyn's phone while Jason crossed out the storyboard. Now it was time to film the coroner's office. I got into my doctor scrubs costume and tied back my purple dyed hair to hide the unprofessionalness. We realized Zane's dinning room table was too unstable for Zeyn to be laying there while playing the dead body, so we used the floor. We used a verity of white sheets to make Zeyn look like a corpse at a morgue, while still being on the floor. I did the bruise makeup on Zeyn's cheek and covered him with the white sheet. Zane, Jason, and I took turns filming seeing how the three of us were never in the same shoot. I brought the script pre-highlighted which we used to learn the lines before shooting a shot. It was a little difficult filming a extreme close up shot at a high angle of Zane who is 6"3" for I who am 5"5". It was also difficult for Zeyn to keep a straight face when his face was uncovered by the sheet and Jason says, "is that a bruise". There were other bloopers and incidents because of those two, but we got the shots filmed nevertheless. For the shot where Hoffman and Reynolds leave the morgue, we propped the phone on a chair as all of us had to be in the shot. 

    Once we were done with the inside scene, it was time to move outside for the car scene. For this, we used Zane's car since Detective Hoffman, his character, drives his own car. Zeyn and I were in the backseat with the storyboard filming, while Zane and Jason were in the front seat, acting. I kept in mind the safety bit of driving while filming and how remembering to say lines could be distracting. Because of this, Zane drove in smaller residential streets so no major accident could happen. We did half of the car shots while driving and the other half stagnant as they were close ups and had no need to show the outside moving through the window. After filming the final close up shots of the snake ring, filming was over and the shoot day had officially come to an end. We parked the car, packed up all the props, and headed out.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing Struggles