AND ACTION!

    Day 2 of filming occurred on Wednesday, February 28. Zane, Jason, Zeyn, and I all met up at Zane's house to finish filming. First, we had to finish the car scenes before we moved to the scenes in the park. I stood outside while they drove past me to get the establishing/wide shot. Then I went inside the car to film the dialogue scenes between the two detectives. At one point, Zane had to hold the camera himself to film Jason because we needed a medium shot of just Jason, and I can't position myself to film that from the backseat. Once I was done with the car scenes we parked the car in the park. 

    I once again got out of the car and started filming from the ground while Zane parked the car for the shot and ran out. This shot where the detective chase starts took some coordination as the car has to park first, then detective Reynolds runs out, then detective Hoffman runs out. The next set of scenes includes the detective running, which Jason complained about because his shoes weren't meant for running. On the other hand, it was also difficult for me to keep the camera steady while jogging behind them. However, I think the shaking camera brings a sense of realness and horror to the thriller, which is what I wanted. It also took some coordination to film the jumpscare scene as Zane had to hide behind a tree and the tree wasn't too big. While I filmed the shots where the detectives are in a headlock, I made sure not to show the fake gun too much as it isn't a realistic looking fake gun. 

    For filming the shot where both detectives have to wrestle on the ground for the gun, neither one of the actors wanted to get their clothes dirty. So, Zane drove over to his house and got a towel they could lay on for the shot but still wouldn't be seen. I then filmed the long tracking/pan shot of the trees, while Zeyn made the fake blood to put on Jason's face. Once the fake blood was on, I filmed the last, long shot. For this shot, I filmed it three times and various lengths in case, during editing I need the shot to be longer or shorter. Once this shot was done, I was finished filming. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing Struggles