Clips, Sound, and Filters

    Once I had all the shots filmed, it was time for editing. Zeyn sent all the shots we filmed from his phone to my email, from which I downloaded them onto my computer. I then made a new Capcut account so both Zane and I could edit on later and uploaded the videos on the project space. The uploading of all the shots took a while as five minutes worth of film takes a while to fully download and sometimes glitches. Because of this I took two to three breaks to let the Capcut program settle. I then put all the shots in their proper order for which I used the storyboard. I then cropped the shots so any time before or after important sequences was eliminated. This brought the time down from 5:25 to 4:58. I knew I needed at least ten seconds at the end for the credits to play, so I double checked if any of the shots could be cropped even more. I gained five seconds by doing this. Now it was time for sound. 

    The sound for the shots were not significantly terrible, but there were some shots that needed adjusting. Because the distance from the camera that the actors spoke from varied, so did the sound level. To fix this, I raised the sound on some shots, and lowered the sound on others. I also managed to mute some of the distracting diegetic sound at the beginning and end of shots. Distracting things such as wind and grave moving under the filmers feet had to be eliminated. Ambient sound was also added to help with the empty silence and mood for the film. 

    I also took quite a lot of time picking out a filter to put over the film. Picking out the right filter is very important to me and I've spent hours picking out the right one for previous projects. The filter makes of breaks the film because you can make it as bright, dark, grainy, or vivid as you want. For our crime/thriller movie however, I needed something a bit dark to make the mood more suspenseful and sinister. So, after spending two hours debating with my groupmates, we finally picked out the right one and applied it over the film. 

    Once Zane was done with fine tuning the sound effects and ambient sound, our film was done and ready for viewing. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Editing Struggles