This is my project. I am so proud of it and absolutely love the concept me and my partner made up. For a first project, I love what we were able to create with minimal experience. I hope you enjoy. You're welcome and thank you!
Here is my Creative Reflection on my short film Suspicion Critical Reflection.docx How do your products represent social groups or issues? My product represents a few social groups in today’s society . Firstly, there are the vast cliques of my audience. One group is detective/police show lovers. Through my plot, which tracks the lives of two detectives, the film represents the classic format that enjoyers of detective movies such as The Fugitive and Hot Fuzz love: two detective partners, a new clue, and a plot twist. The unconventionality of the plot twist, in turns, also represents the growing psychological-thriller audience. In the coming years, psychological thrillers such as Midsummer and Hereditary have caused a stir and made the psychological thriller genre increasingly popular. I created Suspicion to represent this genre and the fanbase that comes along with it; people who appreciate the art of how angles, shots, and story create a thriller. However, on...
There are a few things that are necessary to take into consideration when planning for a short film; plot, resources, actors, and sound. The fundamental thing to perfect is the plot as that is what our short film relies on. More importantly, a realistic plot. It is impossible to make a film with 13 plot twists, diving into all genres, and focussing on a wide array of characters. Instead of being overambitious, as teens tend to be, filmers should focus on one conflict, a few characters, and not add any extra action than there needs to be. A nice idea to keep in mind is to not overdo it or under do it. With short films, there’s about 5 to 15 minutes to make magic on the screen. This time should be utilized in giving audiences a well thought out, cohesive plot. Resources are just as important as plot and are often a major decision factor. As high school students we don’t have access to CGI, special effects, pyronetics, or in...
On Wednesday October 15, I started to film with my partner. We did all filming at her house due to the hallway and LED lights she has. She also said she had a disco ball we planned to use but ended up not. I brought props such as my wig, glow sticks, glasses, beads, and a costume change. I played the futuristic music character and she played the character listening to music. I utilized my phone to play the song Light Switch by Charlie Puth while filming as we needed to stay on beat while dancing. My phone has trouble downloading music , so I ended up downloading a 3-minute Tik Tok of that song , c ropping it down , and playing that while filming . My partner got her friend to help us film scenes where we both had to be in. We needed an actual person, not just a tripod because for some scenes the camera had to move at angles. After explaining to the friend how to shoot certain scenes and hold the camera, I started to direct one of the hall...
Comments
Post a Comment